Building Condition Assessment

The damage to your dwelling has to be assessed by a competent person in accordance with the NSAI Standard I.S. 398-1:2017. The competent person (e.g. a registered engineer, architect or building surveyor, with sufficient theoretical and practical training, experience and knowledge appropriate to the nature of the work) carries out a desk study and a visual inspection of the dwelling to establish whether the damage visible in the dwelling is indicative of pyrite induced damage.

How do I select a competent person to carry out the Building Condition Assessment?

Engineers Ireland keep a register of professionals who have undertaken training and are certified as competent to carry out Building Condition Assessments.  Other professional bodies, e.g. Architects and Surveyors may be consulted with regard to competent persons in their profession.